Whether you have a heap, bin or wormery; a patio or a palace, we will lift the lid on the world of composting and teach you how to make the ultimate ‘black gold’ and help you to reduce what you throw away.
You will learn about the wonderful creatures lurking in a typical compost heap and how they are beneficial to the composting process
With Michael Holland, CPG Head of Education. Michael has 21 years’ experience teaching at the Garden, he originally trained as an ecologist and is a Fellow of the Linnean Society of London as well as the London Environmental Educators’ Forum and is a passionate wildlife gardener.
Price includes entry to the Garden, coffee before the event and a 10% discount in our shop and café on the day (which will be open until 6pm that day).
Compost clinic timetable
- 9.30am Early arrival if you wish to have a wander in the garden before it all starts
- 10am Registration tea & coffee – in or just outside our café (depending on the weather)
- Introductions & overview of the session.
- Illustrated talk about the history and chemical constituents of compost and soil
- Why is it such a valuable resource?
- Practical tips and troubleshooting ideas.
- 12pm Walk around the Garden and visit to Chelsea Physic Garden Compost area. Considering what to compost and how…
- 1pm End of session & feedback
We hope that you enjoy good weather during your time in the Garden but please be prepared in case it rains and wear appropriate footwear, as the ground may be muddy.
£32 ticket price includes Garden entry, coffee and all the handouts.
Please scroll down to book