Introduction to Beekeeping June 8 | 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course takes you through the key steps to becoming a successful beekeeper. Learn more about bees and the honey production process, along with how to create the right environment for them to thrive. With Peter James, CPG Beekeeper.
“The tutor’s extraordinary knowledge of his subject answered all my questions – very practical.”
Price includes refreshments and a light lunch, refreshments and a 10% discount in our Cafe and shop on the day.
Introduction to Beekeeping workshop: overview of the day
- 9.30am Registration, tea & coffee with time to explore the Garden
- 10.00 am Introductions & overview of the day
How the Bees and Beekeeper came to Chelsea Physic Garden
- 10.40am History & importance of honey and the bee
- 11.15am Tea / coffee break
- 11.30am Issues around beekeeping today (including urban beekeeping)
- 1.00pm Lunch break (although lunch is not included in the ticket price, we will reserve at table at our café, so you have the option to stay together as a group and continue discussions).
- 2.00pm How to get started – equipment, knowing your bees
Walk down to hives in Garden, bee interpretation, talk, Q&A.
- 3.00pm Coffee & honey cake break
- 3.15pm A year in the life of a beekeeper
- 3.45pm Q&A and feedback
- 4.00pm End of sessionWe hope that you enjoy good weather during your time in the Garden but please come prepared in case it rains and wear appropriate footwear, as the ground may be muddy.
Please note this event partly takes place in our lecture room up some stairs with no alternative access. We apologise if this causes any inconvenience.
Please scroll down to book tickets