Seed for sale volunteer
In this section
We are looking for an organised and efficient volunteer to come and join our friendly seed cleaning team who work together on a Tuesday. The Seed for Sale role is key to ensuring that surplus seed from the garden is sold in the shop; the proceeds of which go to help fund the garden.
The role will involve:
- Packing seeds into small packets to go into the shop
- Inputting information onto the database
- Printing off labels for seed packets
- Stocking up the shop with a good variety of seeds
- Liaising with the Propagation Manager to ensure required seed is ready to be packed
- Changing the stock at the end of the year.
The opportunity exists to develop this role to include collecting seed and suggesting suitable seed to collect, but this will be dependent on the shop being fully stocked at all times.
Computer literacy, organisation and a good eye for detail are essential. Some knowledge of botanical plant names would be desirable. We’ll provide full training, a friendly team environment and the opportunity to boost your botanical knowledge. Applicants should be aware that the role is not based out in the garden but inside the Gardeners’ office buildings.
To apply, please complete the application form and return to Colette Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state that you are applying for the Seed for Sale Volunteer position.