In this section
Join us for an enchanting evening celebrating the world of plant-based fabrics at the Garden on Thursday, August 17 from 6.30pm.
This event forms part of our programme of events to celebrate our theme for 2017, ‘Weaves & Leaves’.
You can look forward to:
- Live music
- A world exclusive textile themed cocktail bar
- Guided tours of the Weaves & Leaves exhibition showcasing the plants we rely on to keep us covered
- Making your own embroidered broach with Offset Warehouse
- Exploring the Silk Road with interactive theatre from Studio Cultivate
- Discovering the web of life via the surprisingly fun activity of pond-dipping (not swimming)
- Environment-responsive knitted designs will be displayed around the Garden, created by Dr Jane Scott from the University of Leeds School of Design
- Learning about the history of flax, play flax Bingo and try your hand at making a cyanotype print with Textile artist Zoe Burt
- Dine in gorgeous surroundings at our Tangerine Dream Café (with paying bar too)
- Experiencing the beauty of the Garden on a summer’s eve
Please scroll down for tickets.