66 Royal Hospital Road
Public entrance is via Swan Walk, SW3 on Tuesdays – Fridays, Sundays & Bank Holidays. On Mondays and during our winter opening hours when we are partially open, entrance is via 66 Royal Hospital Road.
Disabled access for those with disabilities is at 66 Royal Hospital Road.
SCHOOL GROUPS & Family Activity Day attendees – please come to the green door on Royal Hospital Road, SW3 – beside the bus stop/shelter.
The nearest tube station is Sloane Square (District and Circle lines).
When leaving Sloane Square tube station, cross the road in front of you, turn left into Lower Sloane Street. At the traffic lights turn right into Royal Hospital Road and continue, past the National Army Museum on your left. Cross Tite Street and then turn left into Swan Walk – where the public entrance is for open days.
The Chelsea Physic Garden is easily accessible by bus; the 170 route to Victoria train station stops directly outside the Garden.
- London Buses: www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/
- National Rail Enquiries: www.nationalrail.co.uk
- National Express Coaches: www.nationalexpress.com
By car, motorbike or bicycle
- If you are driving to the Garden, try the AA Journey planner at www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.jsp
- Although (from January 4th 2011) Chelsea Physic Garden will no longer be within the Congestion Charging Zone, if your journey might be affected by the zone, information about this charge can be found here: www.cclondon.com which also has links to other aspects of travelling around the Capital.
- Parking is available around the garden, with coin-operated meters. There is pay & display parking in Battersea Park (see map), a 10 minute walk across Albert Bridge.
- There is a small selection of solo motorcycle parking spaces in Swan Walk, as well as bicycle racks in Royal Hospital Road and the surrounding streets. Please note that bicycles are not allowed inside the Garden.
For London’s cycle route maps, the London Cycling Campaign can arrange for maps to be sent to you. The map part of their site is at www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=37