Visiting with children
In this section
We warmly welcome families with children to the Garden.
Pick up our new trail for families designed by artist Kerry Lemon. Discover the many and varied uses of plants, and see what you can spot in the Garden. Stickers are included! Free with Garden entry.
You can also spend a fun day at one of our Family Activity Days which cover many topics including puppetry, Shakespeare and of course gardening for beginners. For the full programme and to book click here.
Your safety is important to us
Although we encourage families to enjoy the Garden, there are a number of poisonous plants and ponds to be found.
Please observe the following rules of the Garden:
- A maximum of 2 children are allowed per accompanying adult (this doesn’t apply to school trips)
- Please ensure that your child is with you at all times including in the Café, Shop and glasshouses
- Some plants are highly poisonous. Do not eat, touch or remove any living or dead plants, flowers, berries, leaves etc.
- Please keep off planted beds and borders. Stay on the paths and lawn areas. No climbing, hide-and-seek or ball games allowed.
- Please leave your child’s scooter etc. by the Entry Kiosk. Property is left at your own risk.
- Please respect the wildlife in the Garden.